Help To Keep The Berkshire Community Local
Mon December 10, 2018
- Greenham Common pictures highlight life in the peace camps - An exhibition will show photographs of life at Greenham Common's women peace camps in the 1980s.
- Legal aid advice network 'decimated' by funding cuts - Legal aid advice 'deserts' emerge in England and Wales as funding cuts hit providers.
- The athletes starving themselves for success - Extreme dieting is leading to cases of Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport among men and women.
- South Western Railway workers to strike Christmas weekend - RMT union drivers and guards on South Western Railway are to walk out on 22 December.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.