Help To Keep The Berkshire Community Local
Sun August 18, 2019
- PC Andrew Harper: Killed officer 'died of multiple injuries' - Police are given more time to question 10 murder suspects as tributes are paid to PC Andrew Harper.
- South Western Railway workers to hold four-day strike - The stoppage in August and September is part of the long-running guards dispute.
- Reading police boss wants more female BAME officers - Supt Bhupinder Rai wants her force to be "significantly different to when I started" when she retires.
- Reading tenants charged thousands for non-existent lift - One Housing charged people for lift maintenance despite there being no lift in the block.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.